Hemnet has 65 million monthly visits. People come to Hemnet to find joy, inspiration and – most important - their new homes. As a Developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people's lives in a positive way.
Team Sellers’ Experience
With us, you’ll be involved in developing web applications in one of our seven product development teams. This team, Sellers’ Experience, provides the property seller with insights, services and products to get the most out of their selling experience to enable a successful property sale. Examples of services and products are payment solutions, our different property ad packages, price calculation, and products providing data and information to property sellers.
Software development at Hemnet
The product teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be a part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other - exploring small things that we test and iterate. We validate against real data so we don't have to waste time and instead learn a lot of new insights. Our millions of users give us quick feedback on what we build. Team Sellers’ Experience consists of four developers, one UX designer, a product manager, and an agile development manager.
In this role you’ll:
- Be an important part of a cross-functional team with joint product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Build stable backend solutions that easily can adjust to product experiments.
- Be involved in the whole cycle of the product - from idea/vision to production, and from implementation to support.
- Be part of an agile team where retros, sprints, demos and continuous delivery are part of everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
What we want from you:
- Being a TDD advocate.
- Sharing knowledge and contributing to discussions around technologies and your projects.
- Experience in working with system architecture and design.
The team’s stack:
- Ruby (Rails)
Way of working after the pandemic:
All employees at Hemnet will have the possibility to work from the office in the central parts of Stockholm. We will also have the opportunity to work the majority of the time from home.
As one of our ~ 35 developers…
... you'll have an audience of several million users. We believe in fast iterations and try to deploy as often as possible. Having this much traffic allows us to run efficient user testing where we often get results within a couple of days.
We share and develop our knowledge through breakfast discussions, lab weeks, brown bag lunches, and training to help you grow in your role.
If this sounds interesting and you want to join Sweden's largest property portal and take it to the next level - send us your application today and let’s talk more!
Read more about working with software development at Hemnet here:
Please note - during the summer months we do have some people involved in the hiring process off on vacation leave. This means that we might not be able to get back to you before the second week of August, but please send your application already today. We look forward to reading it.