Develop one of Sweden's most popular mobile apps
Hemnet is the favorite place for many Swedes and half of our traffic comes from our apps. Now we are looking for an Android developer who wants to be part of making Hemnet's app even sharper.
Create elegant solutions for enthusiastic home seekers
At Hemnet we turn ideas into solutions that result in great user experience, through a fast and easy-to-follow development process. Together with your team, you will work with everything from user-friendliness, form and function to creative and elegant technical solutions, which will handle hundreds of thousands users. As an Android developer at Hemnet, you will always have the opportunity to influence how and what you work with.
At Hemnet we build for the web and the app simultaneously. This means that you will represent our app team, consisting of three android developers and three iOS developers, when collaborating with our cross-functional product development teams. You will work closely with other iOS and Android developers, but also with product managers, back- and frontend developers, UX and digital analysts.
As an Android developer at Hemnet you will:
- Be an important part of a team with shared product responsibility - together we bring the product forward.
- Make quick decisions with an experimental and data-driven approach, using tools such as A/B testing.
- Take part in the entire product development cycle, from idea to, hypothesis definitions, experiments, iterative development, unit testing, release and support.
- Use modern technologies such as Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger 2, MVVM, Retrofit, GraphQL, JUnit and Mockito. We also use GitHub, Bitrise and Firebase.
- Work closely with product managers and other roles; UX, backend development, data analysis, both inside and outside your team.
- Work in a friendly, caring and inclusive culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company's agenda.
We hope you:
- Are an experienced Android developer with good understanding of modern Android development.
- Have knowledge about Kotlin.
- Have knowledge about different design patterns that help you write high quality, clean and testable code.
- Believe in the value of automated testing.
- Have experience of an agile way of working.
- Have interest in both architecture, usability and interface design.
- Have a natural tendency to help your teammates and care for your colleagues.
It's great if you also have worked with (or are interested in learning):
- Dependency injection tools such as Dagger 2 and Hilt.
- Kotlin Coroutines.
- A/B Testing and remote feature toggling.
As one of our 30 developers, divided into six smaller teams…
... you'll often release new updates to the Hemnet app to our hundreds of thousands Android users. Thanks to our large volume of traffic, you'll get good feedback from experiments quickly.
Professional development and the desire to try new ways of working are something we encourage, as the goal is that these experiences will help us to get even better together. Of course, we have developer breakfasts, lab days and send ourselves to conferences, so you can test new technologies and grow in your role.
If you think it sounds exciting to be part of taking Sweden's largest property portal to the next step - don't hesitate to send your application!
Please note - during the summer months we do have some people involved in the hiring process off on vacation leave. This means that we might not be able to get back to you before the second week of August.
Interested in reading more about software and product development, and the every day work life, at Hemnet? Read our blog: